How we work
What you can expect from us?
We know you like us to keep things simple so we promise not to bombard you with unnecessary jargon and terminology, just provide you with the information you need, leaving us to stay on top of the changes that matter and which affect your finances.
We want you to fully understand how we work so we have developed a structured process to enable us to set up a financial plan to help you reach your goals. To achieve this goal we have developed a structured ongoing advice process to help us ensure we are able to truly understand your aims and objectives – whether they are financial or non-financial – and react to changes in your circumstances.
1. Initial Meeting: When we meet a client for the first time, there is no charge for this meeting. The aim of this meeting is to explain how we work, our fees and to find out more about your requirements. It is also an opportunity for you to find out more about our services and approach so that you can judge whether we are the right people to handle your financial requirements going forwards. The meeting usually takes around 60-90 minutes and can be held at our office, your home or work place. There is no obligation to take up any of our services or advice after the initial meeting.
2. Information Gathering: As well as gathering information about your current circumstances and financial situation, we also help you identity your goals, define your time frame and understand your attitude towards investment risk.
3. Research and Analysis: Detailed data gathering, including investigating your existing policies and arrangements, will give us an accurate picture of your current financial situation. We will then assess this against your objectives and your approach to risk, researching all relevant opportunities in order to develop solutions on how best to achieve your goals.
4. Recommendations: We will present and explain our recommendations to you in person, suggesting a mix of products and services that will work best for you.
5. Implementation: Once you are happy to proceed, we then implement our recommendations for you, liaising with providers on your behalf and keeping you informed during the process.
6. Ongoing review and monitoring: We will regularly review your plans to ensure they remain on track to help you achieve your goals. By keeping in regular contact with you we are aware of changes in your circumstances which may impact on your finances and we may suggest making changes as a result of investment performance, legislation changes and to take advantage of the tax incentives available to you.
If you have any questions about our advice process please speak to us. We look forward to working with you through life’s journey.